Views

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Penny



A penny I saw abandoned on my path,
A penny of no worth to me.
The penny I walked past without a second glance
But doubled up at a scream of glee.

I wheeled around in my spot
On hearing a little girl’s delighted cry
And my eyes were wide in surprise
For the valueless penny was the reason why.

Her eyes gleaming, her hands trembling,
She snatched it from the ground.
And, sprinted to her little brother
Teaching a lesson without uttering a sound.

Appreciate your possessions.
Trivial though they may seem.
For in the eyes of another, they are the world.
Cherish them, adore, esteem!

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! A brief moment with a lesson for a lifetime. Simple yet profound. Reminded me on an old Scribble of mine.
    http://scribblezpad.blogspot.in/2009/05/i-met-mahatma.html
    keep it going;)

    ReplyDelete